Subject: Re: [boost] [asio] RFC on new reliable UDP library
From: Bjorn Reese (breese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-12 07:05:59

On 09/10/2014 09:12 PM, Andrey Semashev wrote:

> How would it compare to SCTP and why not just add support for SCTP to
> Boost.ASIO?

Hal Finkel started work on an SCTP wrapper for Asio some years ago, but
SCTP does not fit well into Asio, so he never finished it. Hal's
original wrapper has disappeared, but you can find a copy here:

   https://github.com/CompleteAndUtterGit/boost_asio_sctp

Regarding libusrsctp, I looked into that recently, but it requires
changes to the library and API to be integrated with Asio, or any other
third-party main-loop for that matter (and I do not feel comfortable
about its prevalent use of global variables and #ifdef's.)