Subject: Re: [boost] [asio] RFC on new reliable UDP library
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-12 08:18:19

On 12 Sep 2014 at 13:05, Bjorn Reese wrote:

> Regarding libusrsctp, I looked into that recently, but it requires
> changes to the library and API to be integrated with Asio, or any other
> third-party main-loop for that matter (and I do not feel comfortable
> about its prevalent use of global variables and #ifdef's.)

Also my assessment of libusrsctp. UDT v4.0's source code is much
cleaner.

A long term dream of mine is for ASIO to become the standard event
dispatch loop for all C++ programs, so other libraries simply hook
into ASIO's dispatch and everything interoperates cleanly without
lots of hassle and brittle boilerplate. I also feel a grievance
against every single library firing up their own thread pools or
worker threads when ASIO gives you that for free.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/