Subject: Re: [boost] [process] [sorting] [singularity] [compute] [others] Who needs review manager?
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-13 18:47:36

On 13 Sep 2014 at 14:26, Robert Ramey wrote:

> I looked at http://www.boost.org/community/reviews.html and it describes
> the duties of the review manager and reviewers a as separate roles. On
> the other hand, it doesn't specifically proscribe one person performing
> both roles in the same review. So technically you might be correct. But
> in 12 years of being associated with boost, I've never seen this happen.
> (not that It might have - I can't watch everything). And I believe that

Before I acted as review manager for Antony's TypeIndex, I spent a
number of weeks working with Antony to prepare his library for
review. I think this is what Antony was referring to.

Before choosing TypeIndex to manage, I reviewed a number of libraries
in the queue to decide which were reasonably within being ready for
review in my opinion. Most were not. Antony may also be referring to
that too.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting