Subject: [boost] Intel C++ Linux non-commercial software development license updated information
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-14 23:15:42

Just a quick note to tell anyone interested that evidently Intel has
discontinued their free Intel C++ Linux compiler for developers based on
their non-commerical software development license.

If you look at their non-commercial software development license page at
https://software.intel.com/en-us/non-commercial-software-development you
will see that it only potentially offers a license for academics and the
response I received on their online forum for Intel C++ is that they
have discontinued their non-commercial software development license for
developers, although they seem loth to make an announcement about it or
publicize it.

I have some recent versions of Intel C++ Linux with which I can still
test but I will not be able to test the latest version(s) of Intel C++
on Linux.

The isocpp Get Started page at https://isocpp.org/get-started still
mentions the free Intel C++ version, but this evidently is no longer the
case.