Subject: Re: [boost] [vmd] Library Review
From: pfultz2 (pfultz2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-15 00:17:12

> I am not sure what you mean by namespaces ? Do you mean the type of the
> token parsed ?

I mean the prefix for the tokens.

> > Perhaps Paul can explain it better than me.
>
> The BOOST_PP_AUTO_REC macro is not documented so maybe you can
> understand my being puzzled by it and what it is used for. Other
> undocumented macros in Boost PP are generally easier for me to follow.

Oops! Well it is documented in Chaos. I guess its more of an implementation
detail in Boost.PP. Of course, its not at all obvious what it does from
looking at the code(even though it is quite nicely formatted).

> The BOOST_VMD_SEQUENCE macro I plan will return for each v-type found
> not only its data by is v-type also. I am leaning toward returning the
> data as a Boost PP seq where every element of he seq is a tuple of
> (type,value) pairs. Each type will be a number identifying a distinct
> v-type (number,identifier,array,list,seq,tuple).

There may be use cases for this. However, it would be nice just to map it
directly to a sequence without the v-type. So you could have a mpping to a
v-sequence which has the v-types(perhaps the tuple (type,value) pairs), but
in
addition have a mapping to pp sequence which will just have the value. I can
see how there are uses for both of these.

Paul Fultz II