Subject: Re: [boost] [modularization] Extract xml_archive from serialization
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-17 14:14:38

On 09/17/2014 04:52 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Vladimir Prus wrote:
>> In particular, that would mean that any changes to
>> serialization library that affect XML archives and other parts would
>> happen in two different repositories, with no obvious way to relate
>> per-repository changes.
>
> Please explain to me how this is different to any other directed edge of
> dependency between different boost libraries.

There's rather high cohesion between xml archives and binary archives and
base archives, therefore a coordinated change to implementation of those
is more likely to be required than a coordinated change between random two
libraries. I hope you're not trying to say that all dependencies between
any two libraries are absolutely the same to you?

- Volodya