Subject: Re: [boost] [modularization] Are modular releases a goal or a non-goal?
From: Stephen Kelly (hello_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-18 05:01:08

Niall Douglas wrote:

>> But, I guess you're saying 'for me it's a non-goal'.
>
> No,

Let me rephrase. The download link on boost.org takes me to a page where I
can download all-of-boost.zip. My question was whether it should be a goal
for it to offer boost-static_assert.zip.

Your response was along the lines of 'it doesn't matter to me what the
download link on boost.org does. Here is my solution...', or with a
different paraphrase 'what you describe is not a goal for me. My goal
is...'.

Or you're saying you want the download link on boost.org to point to your
tool?

> and the lack of decisive leadership on this issue merely delays the
> inevitable to the detriment of all.

A lack of leadership or cohesion on this issue is indeed disappointing.

> So I'm pressing ahead with my own solution - I specifically want
> single git submodule dependencies, so when I throw together a Boost
> using project I merely need to submodule a single Boost git submodule
> and it just works with no arsing around with bootstrapping or config
> or staging.

And the user will be responsible for adding the individual -Ifoo/include
paths?

Thanks,

Steve.