Subject: Re: [boost] [modularization] What is a module? What is a sub-module?
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-23 20:53:26

On 23 Sep 2014 at 11:17, Robert Ramey wrote:

> I was looking searching for John Lakos' email address in order to ask
> him to offer his insights into the discussion. I'm not able to find it
> (of course, thanks spammers) but surely someone here knows how to send
> him such an invitation. John attended BoostCon and CPPCon as a speaker
> and has writing the canonical reference on this subject. Growing Boost to
> 500 libraries would likely be the largest challenge ever to ideas about
> how to organized large, de-coupled libraries of code.

Myself and John are of remarkably similar opinion on most coding
philosophies, probably because we both think at large scale, so
prepare yourself for that Robert. I think though you'll find he won't
give any concrete opinions in writing out of habit, but he will in
person, and they are not positive about recent Boost history if I
remember correctly.

Anyway, try him for yourself at jlakos_at_bloomberg.net. And tell him I
sent you, and that I send him my best regards.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/