Subject: Re: [boost] What's wrong with review process (Was: Boost Incubator Status Report)
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-11 13:57:58

Andrzej Krzemienski wrote
> I am a potential reviewer of many candidate libraries, yet I often decide
> not to participate, for various reasons. Let me list them here:
>
> snip ...
>
> 3. Sometimes I am too impatient to go through a full review. I have got
> some partial input, that I consider important, and I want to deliver it
> right now. I do not want to wait till I have gone through all the
> questions. I have a question to Robert now. In Boost Library Incubator, is
> there a way to submit a partial review: it is more than just a comment,
> but
> I still may be sending more information later. Can I do it in Boost
> Library
> Incubator?

Wow - I never, ever thought of this. I just checked that the review is
just a form and all the fields are optional. So currently you can submit
a partial review. This might make a lot of sense since in many cases
I might start a review and give up when I try to read the documentation.
In fact, that's the most common occurrence for me!

> Or can I submit two reviews?

I don't know - I suspect one can

> Or update my first review later?

Not now - I never thought of that. This is where I get into trouble with
wordpress. It's very unfriendly when one gets beyond the basics.

> I hope this helps anything.

The single most important feature of Boost is the review process. In my
opinion, attempts to replace it with "voting" or "ratings" etc.. are
extremely
misguided. My focus is to keep the essence of the current review process
but to make it work better.

Robert Ramey