Subject: Re: [boost] How do I authenticate myself?
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-14 08:17:32

On Friday 14 November 2014 10:55:36 Felix Uhl wrote:
> I want to clone the current develop branch
>
> to verify that a bugfix to a trac item I opened
>
> does actually fix the bug.
>

> It seems like this information should be easy
>
> to find on the boost webpage or wiki, but neither
>
> of both explain how to authenticate myself
>
> when using “git clone --recursive git@
>
> github.com:boostorg/boost.git modular-boost >clone.log”.
>
> The output of this is “Permission denied (publickey)”,
>
> which seems to mean to me that I need a
>
> ssh key the server actually knows about or that I have
>
> to upload my public key somehow.
>

> Have I just missed something on the wiki?

As Boost is hosted on GitHub, all the options it offers also work with Boost.
See here:

https://help.github.com/articles/which-remote-url-should-i-use/

Note that you can have anonymous read-only access if you change the URL a
little:

git://github.com/boostorg/boost.git

That should probably be mentioned in the docs.