Subject: Re: [boost] [VC++ 14.0 preview] New failures in develop regression tests
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-17 13:40:13

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 12:24 PM, Stephan T. Lavavej <
stl_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> [Beman Dawes]
> > If it is a Microsoft problem, consider submitting a bug report and
> posting
> > a notice on the Boost list so that other developers are aware of the
> > problem. Also post a link to the bug report on
> https://connect.microsoft.com
> > Knowing the Microsoft Connect URL for the bug report lets other boosters
> up
> > vote the importance of the issue. This is known to have at least some
> > influence on the priority given the bug report, and that means faster
> fixes
> > for the bugs boosters care about.
>
> It would also be a good idea to mention Boost in the title. I can bring
> especially important bugs to the compiler team's attention.
>
> [Rene Rivera]
> > Not sure if it's a Microsoft problem or not.. But the compiler version
> > reported is 13.0.22310. Is that correct for what they are calling v14?
>
> 2015's product version is 14 (skipping 13) and its compiler version is 19
> (incrementing normally).

OK..

Can you reproduce this manually?

I can't, since I don't personally have VS (or a Windows machine that is
recent enough to install it).

> I can report this if you can tell me which command prompt (e.g. x64
> native) plus a self-contained test case (e.g. inspecting _MSC_FULL_VER)
> mentions "13".

It uses _MSC_VER for the major and minor numbers <
https://github.com/boostorg/predef/blob/develop/include/boost/predef/compiler/visualc.h#L51>.
Did "_MSC_VER" stop being incremented?

--
-- Rene Rivera