Subject: [boost] [library-incubator] Ease commenting (Was: [safe_numerics] questioning the basic idea)
From: Felix Uhl (felix.uhl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-18 13:58:50

Robert Ramey wrote:

> This means that Andrzej should post a comment and the rest of you should

> I realize that is is sort of pain, but, again, I would be very helpful to me
> to test the idea of building and maintaining a libraries comment history in
> an permanent convenient place.

Have you thought about using the boost developers and users mailing list to

get comments posted on bli?

You could just run a script on a webserver that polls emails in the mailinglist

and filters out those with a tag that contains the name of a library on the incubator in the title,

which it then posts under said library as an anonymous comment, or a comment

under the name of the poster, if he gives his ok in the mail (not the title)

with a tag like [PostMyName] or [Name=”Pseudonym”].

The idea is to make commenting easier and less awkward by embedding it in the

commenting and discussion framework boost developers and users already use,

the mailing list.

---

Felix Uhl