Subject: Re: [boost] List of C++ 11 only Boost libraries and their status?
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-25 07:19:14

On 24 Nov 2014 at 14:11, Kris wrote:

> > Remind me what it does again would you (a quick glance at the Readme
> > did not help)?
>
> Boost.DI it's a dependency injection
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dependency_injection) library improving manual
> dependency injection by simplifying object instantiation with automatic
> dependencies injection.
> It's a bit like Google Guice for Java (https://github.com/google/guice) or
> Ninject for C# (http://www.ninject.org).

This library is a very good example of what I am very poor at. I
simply don't grok it one bit.

This isn't your fault - I don't grok the utility of Google Guice
either, or any of the discussion surrounding the pattern on
stackoverflow. I suspect this may be due to my "C++ compiler is a
fancy assembler macro engine" mentality. I cannot see the wood from
the trees here at all.

Nevertheless, I would like to attend some sort of tutorial on this
library. Are you intending to present at a conference soon?

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/