Subject: Re: [boost] List of C++ 11 only Boost libraries and their status?
From: Bjorn Reese (breese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-30 08:36:11

On 11/28/2014 08:15 PM, Robert Ramey wrote:

> I confess that I've never been sold on the concept of a standard
> library implementation - at least to the extent that it has grown to.
> I've questioned my convictions when someone pointed out to me
> that boost was embraced by many institutions only when parts of
> it got added to the standard library. This made it possible to use
> without getting blamed when something problematic came up.

Here is another motivation: Howard Hinnant's std proposal "N3980: Types
Don't Know #" is basically a reinvention of the serialization
technique, but limited to hash functions. So something less generic
could enter into C++17 unless someone suggests something more generic.

Regarding upgrading Boost.Serialization to C++14, you could start
by looking at Cereal, which is a C++11 reimplementation of
Boost.Serialization:

   http://uscilab.github.io/cereal/