Subject: Re: [boost] Do we need BoostBook?
From: Rob Stewart (robertstewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-06 08:22:45

On December 6, 2014 2:43:34 AM EST, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>Vladimir Prus-3 wrote
>>
>> So the question I really want
>> to ask is what
>> people's opinion about best documentation solution in 2014. It's
>> intentionally open-ended.

[snip]

>I think we want to stick the current and historical policy
>of letting each author handle it his preferred way. We could never
>agree on how to do this and I don't think it's worth trying to.

I don't really care how a Boost author implements their documentation, but a consistent look and feel is desirable. If the style ever changes I'd expect those not using QuickBook/DocBook to make the necessary adjustments to match. That may be sufficient reason for most to choose the Boost tool chain.

___
Rob