Subject: Re: [boost] Do we need BoostBook?
From: Michael Caisse (mcaisse-lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-06 13:34:02

On 12/05/2014 11:43 PM, Robert Ramey wrote:

> FWIW the serialization library is still raw html. I did it that way before
> any
> tools were around and I've never been motivated convert it to something
> else.

<snip>

> My preferred solution has failed to catch on - oh well.

FWIW, and I believe this has been mentioned many times before, I doubt
that the Boost.Serialization method will catch on. It is very hard to
help people on IRC (for example) with Serialization questions. The
documentation's frame-driven menu system makes it very difficult to
paste a URL. The address bar in the browser just continues to point at
index.html.

It is a real pain!

--
Michael Caisse