Subject: Re: [boost] Do we need BoostBook?
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-08 16:03:47

Vladimir Prus-3 wrote
> On 12/08/2014 09:46 PM, Robert Ramey wrote:
>> Looks easier to read - any chance you could leave out the max-width 60 em
>> from the CSS?
>
> This is Boost.Build docs for now, and there, I'd prefer to leave it.

It seems the boost library documentation uses the full width. So I was
surprised to see this.

> The default behaviour of 100% of page width makes for overly long lines,
> IMO.

But one can always adjust the with of the window. On a table I guess you
can't
but it's not too wide anyway.

> Do you find the current line length to be too short?

Actually not. I just like being in control. I generally don't prefer
software which
tries to do what I want (pick a reasonable maximum width) rather than what I
say (fit text window however I set it). I concede its a matter of
taste/preference
which can never be resolved - but can provoke a huge amount of discussion.
(remember world wide discussion of proper placement of "{" and "}" in the
late seventies?). Since I mostly use my local copy of the boost
documentation
I can easily tweak my local css. So I'm not inclined to make a federal
case about it.

Robert Ramey