Subject: [boost] Boost.Sort library hierarchy and namespacing
From: Steven Ross (spreadsort_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-09 06:30:52

For the Boost.Sort library, I'm planning to add these (non-detail) files:
boost/sort/sort.hpp
boost/sort/spreadsort/spreadsort.hpp
boost/sort/spreadsort/integer_sort.hpp
boost/sort/spreadsort/float_sort.hpp
boost/sort/spreadsort/string_sort.hpp

Should all of these be in the boost::sort namespace? It seems silly to
have a boost::sort::spreadsort namespace when there are only 5
publicly-visible functions in it. I actually can't imagine how of these
names will conflict with names in other boost libraries, but using a
boost::sort namespace appears conventional.

Are there any objections or concerns based on this?

Once this is done, I'd like to integrate this library into the boost build
and testing system for the next appropriate release (I test it currently
with modular boost).