Subject: Re: [boost] Duration of formal reviews
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-12 13:13:59

Vladimir Prus-3 wrote
> Some time ago we had a poll about formal reviews problems:
>
> https://plus.google.com/u/0/+VladimirPrus/posts/5spgjicc3fv
>
> The majority said that ten days are not enough. Of course, it's not very
> statistically significant, but that's the only data we've got, and we have
> a rather sparse schedule. How about trying two weeks for a formal review?

Note that there is no reason why anyone who wants to can't review
a library in the incubator. In fact, for the "compute" library, there
is already one review ready. People are free to read and comment
on this review already. So we can say that the "real" as opposed
to the "formal" review period extends from the time the library is
submitted to the incubator to the time the formal review period
ends - that's much, much longer than 10-14 days.

Robert Ramey