Subject: [boost] [test] boost.test owner unresponsive to persistent problems for multiple years
From: Richard (legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-22 11:53:01

See
<https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/10888>
and
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5209625/boost-test-error-messages-are-no-more-shown-in-error-list-of-vs2010>

Both contain a fix for this. On stack overflow the proposed fix is
literally a single line change.

This has been a problem for about 5 years and these simple fixes don't
make it into the library.

I'm sorry, but IMO this just isn't acceptable behavior for an owner of a
library.

Four years ago the maintainer made a comment on stack overflow thread
to file a ticket on trac and then simply dropped the issue there as
far as I can tell. That isn't proactive behavior, particularly when
the stack overflow thread contains the fix.

I know what you're going to say "the trac ticket was just filed a few
days ago", but that's simply me pushing hard on something that should
have been fixed around 2010. The problem has been known FOR FIVE
YEARS and is EASY TO FIX.

     The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>
  Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>