Subject: Re: [boost] [test] boost.test owner unresponsive to persistent problems for multiple years
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-26 05:13:02

Richard <legalize+jeeves <at> mail.xmission.com> writes:

> Both contain a fix for this. On stack overflow the proposed fix is
> literally a single line change.

The issue is addressed in devel branch with somewhat better fix long long
time ago.

> This has been a problem for about 5 years and these simple fixes don't
> make it into the library.

This is going to be released as part of the effort of merging devel into
master. Now, when this happens depends only on docs upgrade.

In regards to pushing various bits of functionality from devel branch into
master, there are two points I'd like to make:

* There were number of requests to do so and I can appreciate that this is
long overdue, but the effort of merging various changes (which is not
small and distract whatever time I have to work on this from the main
price) and possibility of potentially disturbing boost releases makes it
tough sell
* This minor improvement in usability for MSVC users would not probably
the first this I can consider for merge in master

All in all "devel to master upgrade" is one target I really want to reach
and is what I plan to concentrate my effort on. You are still welcome to
help with this if you are up to it.

Gennadiy