Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Applying outstanding pull requests to develop and schedule merge of develop to master
From: Brian Schrom (brian.schrom_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-26 11:53:31

On 12/26/2014 10:17 AM, Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> Brian Schrom <brian.schrom <at> pnnl.gov> writes:
>
>> I really think that boost test needs to be it's own product (and
>> development cycle) and that Boost references a released binary of it.
>
> Isn't this what Modular Boost is all about? Boost.Test master is latest
> release everybody depends on. Boost.Test devel is where new features are
> developed.
>
> Gennadiy

Nearly, I just think it would be better to decouple the release process
of Boost.Test from the release of Boost. That way, when you feel that
Boost.Test (develop) is stable, you can make a new Boost.Test (master)
independent of the Boost release cycle. The pinning in Boost master
shouldn't be automatic, and it should happen when the trunk is open for
merges and be stable before the Boost release cycle starts. (admittedly
I'm not sure, maybe it is already this way)