Subject: Re: [boost] Interactive metaprogramming shells
From: András Kucsma (r0maikx02b_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-28 15:53:15

On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 9:19 PM, Larry Evans <cppljevans_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On 12/28/2014 10:55 AM, András Kucsma wrote:
> > On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 5:35 PM, Larry Evans <cppljevans_at_[hidden]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> [...]
> >> How are the include directories specified?
> >> IOW, suppose, I've my own boost/mpl/vector.hpp and I want
> >> to use that instead of the boost/mpl one. Is there something
> >> like the -I flag of gcc which does something analogous for
> >> the metashell?
> >>
> >> TIA.
> >>
> >> -regards,
> >> Larry

> > Hi Larry,
> >
> > You can pass -I <dir> flags to metashell. It will do exactly what you
> would
> > expect.
> >
> > Regards,
> > András
> >

> Thank you Andras.
>
> I tried that, but apparently it was using the wrong std library. I even
> used the --clang flag to get it too the right clang binary.
> I used the attached .sh file, but the terminal session was as
> shown in 2nd attachment.
>
> Any ideas how to solve this?
>
> -regards,
> Larry

Hi Larry,

I've ran into the same problem several times before. Metashell uses some
heuristics to find out where the system headers are, and it's not perfect.
The quick workaround is to point Metashell to the directory of the correct
stdint.h file which is used by the system compiler by using another "-I"
flag.

The clang binary passed to the --clang flag is only used to generate
precompiled
headers to speed up the speed of the interactive evaluation. You generally
don't have to specify it explicitly. Metashell ships with a bundled clang
binary
which will be used by default. I can see that Metashell failed to use your
clang
binary to generate precompiled headers from the splash text you sent. (But
this
has nothing to do with the original error you get).

Also, if your time allows please open a new issue to the project's github
page <https://github.com/sabel83/metashell>,
so we can investigate what went wrong with the system headers off the
mailing list. Please give information about what version you're using
and how did you compile Metashell (if you compiled from source).

Thanks!
András