Subject: Re: [boost] [githelp] Pulling to arbitrary branch?
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-29 11:39:09

On 12/29/2014 07:09 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 10:06 AM, Vladimir Prus <vladimir_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
>> On 12/29/2014 06:56 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:
>>
>>> I have a pull request against one branch (master). But I want to pull it
>>> into a different branch (develop). Is that possible? And if so, how?
>>>

>> You can pull it manually - the pull request page has instructions.
>>

> OK, good..
>
> Could you give the URL of the pull request, so that I can provide specific
>> instructions?
>

> It's this one: https://github.com/boostorg/predef/pull/17

Okay, then switch to devel locally, and do this:

        git fetch https://github.com/jessicah/predef.git feature/haiku-support
        git merge --no-ff FETCH_HEAD
        <review merge for correctness, run tests>
        git push

Somewhat better approach is:

        git fetch https://github.com/jessicah/predef.git feature/haiku-support
        git cherry-pick FETCH_HEAD^
        git cherry-pick FETCH_HEAD
        <review merge for correctness, run tests>
        git push

This will apply two comments in the pull request individually, making nicer history.

(I don't know how to perform these actions in any GUI)

HTH,

--
Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Embedded