Subject: Re: [boost] [githelp] Pulling to arbitrary branch?
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-29 12:33:30

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 10:39 AM, Vladimir Prus <vladimir_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On 12/29/2014 07:09 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 10:06 AM, Vladimir Prus <
>> vladimir_at_[hidden]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> On 12/29/2014 06:56 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:
>>>
>>> I have a pull request against one branch (master). But I want to pull it
>>>>

>>> You can pull it manually - the pull request page has instructions.
>>>

>> OK, good..
>>
>> Could you give the URL of the pull request, so that I can provide specific
>>
>>> instructions?
>>>

>> It's this one: https://github.com/boostorg/predef/pull/17
>>

> Okay, then switch to devel locally, and do this:
>
> git fetch https://github.com/jessicah/predef.git
> feature/haiku-support
> git merge --no-ff FETCH_HEAD
> <review merge for correctness, run tests>
> git push
>
> Somewhat better approach is:
>
> git fetch https://github.com/jessicah/predef.git
> feature/haiku-support
> git cherry-pick FETCH_HEAD^
> git cherry-pick FETCH_HEAD
> <review merge for correctness, run tests>
> git push
>
> This will apply two comments in the pull request individually, making
> nicer history.

Did the latter since I like nicer histories always. It worked great :-) One
issue I noticed though is that it doesn't show the merge on the graph
(from the pull branch to the develop branch). But I guess that
understandable.

Thanks.. for your git-fu knowledge.

--
-- Rene Rivera