Subject: Re: [boost] [compute] CL_QUEUE_OUT_OF_ORDER_EXEC_MODE_ENABLE
From: Thomas M (firespot71_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-31 02:32:33

On 31/12/2014 07:05, Kyle Lutz wrote:
>> Having test cases seems like the least of the problems, given no confidence that they'll pass and no ready way to test them.
>>
>> If we can't find a backend which implements out-of-order, perhaps we could write an alternate command_queue that intentionally shuffles command order (within the specified constraints), to use in the tests.
>
> If I recall correctly, POCL [1] supports out-of-order command queues
> and could be used for testing this.

IIRC Intel's OpenCL CPU implementation supports out-of-order queues; I
don't know about their iGPUs. Intel surely knows (they have an OpenCL
forum).
Take care when testing: AFAIK there is no guarantee that the execution
order (including parallel execution of commands) is identical across
runs -> if a test "passes" this may mean extremely little in general.

Thomas