Subject: Re: [boost] [test] boost.test owner unresponsive to persistent problems for multiple years
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-07 05:11:08

Enficiaud
> Sent: 06 January 2015 00:39
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [boost] [test] boost.test owner unresponsive to persistent
problems for
> multiple years
>
> Richard <legalize+jeeves <at> mail.xmission.com> writes:

> > If you don't have time to maintain this library in a realistic manner,
> > then you should hand it over to someone else. Even with
> > collaboration, you're saying it will takes weeks and months to get
> > fixes released that have been prepared over 5 years ago.
>
> We have time and we are 2/3 good willing people now.
>
> > That just plain sucks. There's no way to sugar coat it.
>
> I think an overall change of tone would be appreciated.

Can the Boost.Test docs at least acknowledge that Richard (Anonymous) has made a
big contribution to providing fixes, did lots of work showing the way for
improved documentation, and finally spurred Gennadiy into some (a lot of) real
action to get Boost.Test in a working-properly state?

And then call it a day on this thread?

Paul

PS I think the Boost community has handled this badly - we should never have
gotten into a situation where a lone worker was solely controlling a key library
used by almost all others.

We've avoided it on all other key libraries (like Boost.Config); we must never
get in this mess again.

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse