Subject: Re: [boost] [test] boost.test owner unresponsive to persistent problems for multiple years
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-09 02:16:53

On 1/8/2015 2:19 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Paul A. Bristow wrote:
>
>> Things that effect *everyone* require consultation and some degree of
>> consensus.
>
> The maintainer is always the decider. Consensus, even loose consensus,
> doesn't affect Boost at all afaik. I realize you don't see it that way.

I approve the fact that a primary maintainer is the decider. Someone has
to be in charge, and surely that someone who did all the work of
creating the library in the first place is the best candidate. If you
disagree enough with the primary maintainer and feel your
ideas/implementation are not being regarded and are better you can
always create another library that reflects your own ideas and notify
people on this mailing list about your own library. You can also attempt
to add yourself as a maintainer of a library if the primary maintainer
accepts that.

I do not know what you see as significantly better.