Subject: Re: [boost] [variant] match()
From: Antony Polukhin (antoshkka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-09 04:06:57

>:
<...>

> I have started two separated C++ proposals for overload [1] and match [2]
>
> In case some have suggestions for improving them,
> Vicente
>
> [1] https://github.com/viboes/tags/blob/master/doc/
> proposals/overload/DXXXX_Overload.md
> [2]
> https://github.com/viboes/tags/blob/master/doc/proposals/match/DXXXX_Match.md

I like the idea of `overload` more than the `match` idea. `match` looks
like a function that does two things: constructs an overloaded function
object and applies it as a visitor. While the first thing could be widely
usable, the visitation part applies only to the variant. This makes the
`overload` method (that is not bound to variant) more usable than `match`.

--
Best regards,
Antony Polukhin