Subject: Re: [boost] [Mixin] Some comments
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-11 09:52:32

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 8:59 AM, Borislav Stanimirov <b.stanimirov_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On 11.1.2015 г. 03:05 ч., Klaim - Joël Lamotte wrote:
>
>> Last months I have seen mentionned several implemetnations of this pattern
>>
> in C++11/14 on github but was not pleased with any design so far.
>> The design of Boost.Mixin is close to what I want but don't reach my needs
>> yet (or at least last time I looked at it).
>>

> Yes I remember our discussion from a year ago. Indeed the library isn't
> what you need and it's not moving in that direction.
>
> Fair enough. It looks like a Stateshart/MSM situation where different
approaches meets different needs (Vincente wants a compile-time checked
system,
I see how to do it but not how to make open to runtime extensions)

> While the library is faster than some similar ones, it is by no means
> suitable for heavy performance code where even the cache locality is
> important.
>
> I am also thinking about parallelization of processing by batches some of
the mixins. But yes that's a concern in my use cases, maybe not yours.

> Still it could be used in other parts of your program :)

We'll see. :)