Subject: Re: [boost] [Test][Thread] Regression since 9 December?
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-14 11:47:24

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 6:19 PM, Jürgen Hunold <jhunold_at_gmx.eu> wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> Am Mittwoch, 14. Januar 2015, 14:27:26 schrieb Adam Wulkiewicz:
>> Hi Raffi,
>
>> I saw that you tried to "fix" the issue in the latest commits to Test
>> but it didn't help. It's still required to link against Timer or Test,
>> see e.g. the failing Atomic tests vs the Geometry tests.
>
> I've pushed a fix in https://github.com/boostorg/atomic/pull/4
>
> This automatically pull in the dependency on Boost.Timer. This also works with
> the master version of Boost.Test, it can be merged to master before Boost.Test
> gets updated.

I commented in the pull request, but I'll post it here as well to gain
more attention.

Boost.Test explicitly provides a header-only version which previously
did not require linking with any other libraries. Adding Boost.Timer
as a link dependency looks like a bug to me and should be fixed in
Boost.Test rather than in user libraries. I wonder when that
dependency appeared and whether it can be reverted easily.

>> So currently the usage of header-only version of Test probably has
>> little sense.
>
> It still requieres linking against Boost.Timer.

Obviously, it was not the case not long ago.