Subject: Re: [boost] ASIO does not fully support Windows Runtime and a suggestion for providing support
From: Rob Stewart (rob.stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-16 05:04:17

On January 16, 2015 2:34:08 AM EST, Michael Caisse <mcaisse-lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 01/15/2015 08:05 PM, Moshe Rubin wrote:
> >
> > In conclusion, Niall, I thank you for educating me on the etiquette
> on Open Source public mailing lists. I trust you've also learned not
> to pull the trigger too quickly.
>
> I'm sorry your reception to the list was cold. Niall does not moderate
> the list and in fact you followed the correct procedures for Boost.
> Decisions about Boost as well as features/improvements to libraries
> are
> discussed on this mail list
> <http://www.boost.org/community/requests.html>. That is the policy.

Right. To be clear, this list *is* an appropriate channel for raising issues, suggesting fixes, etc., for Boost libraries. Boost.Asio, like Boost.Spirit, is unusual in that it has a separate mailing list and support mechanism. That doesn't mean posts here are out of place, just that you'll often be redirected elsewhere for those libraries.

> There is not some separate side channel or handshake that is required
> first. Unfortunately, Chris doesn't participate on the dev mail list
> but
> he is very responsive, as you have found out, if you contact him
> through other means.

Thanks to Edward and Michael for jumping in.

> I look forward to your involvement in Boost!

+1

___
Rob