Subject: Re: [boost] [filesystem] path.cpp fails to compile underclang/Cygwin
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-16 13:40:04

On 1/16/2015 11:29 AM, Peter Dimov wrote:
> Beman Dawes wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 12:07 PM, Peter Dimov <lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> >
>> > My clang is the Cygwin one, running under Windows.
>>
>> I'm having no luck at all with "b2 toolset=clang" on Windows.
>>
>> What does your "using" entry in user-config.jam look like?
>
> using clang : : : <cxxflags>-Wno-variadic-macros
> <cxxflags>-Wno-c99-extensions ;
>
> feature.subfeature toolset clang : std : cxx0x cxx11 cxx1y cxx14 :
> optional composite propagated ;
>
> feature.compose <toolset-clang:std>cxx0x : <cxxflags>-std=c++0x ;
> feature.compose <toolset-clang:std>cxx11 : <cxxflags>-std=c++11 ;
> feature.compose <toolset-clang:std>cxx1y : <cxxflags>-std=c++1y ;
> feature.compose <toolset-clang:std>cxx14 : <cxxflags>-std=c++14 ;
>
> but I doubt that this is the issue. I'm also on the develop branch, if
> that makes a difference.
>
> I had many problems with clang when I tried to make it work on mingw,
> but the Cygwin version (installed via the Cygwin installer) works out of
> the box (well, apart from the relative include bug.)

I have never tried using clang with Cygwin but clang should now be
working correctly with mingw, with the last fix I put in Boost Build for
clang under Windows, and which has now been put in Boost Build 'master'
as well as 'develop'.

Of course I am speaking of clang for Windows built using mingw/gcc and
not msvc. The msvc compatible implementation is highly problematical due
to the clang developers replicating some of the VC++ preprocessor bugs,
which breaks Boost PP which expects a standard conforming preprocessor
for clang. Also the clang-win.jam which I added to Boost Build for the
msvc compatible implementation of clang, and which is frankly based on
someone else's implementation kindly available in another post, has
never been integrated into Boost Build.