Subject: Re: [boost] Integrating Boost.Sort library
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-16 13:58:48

On 1/16/2015 1:30 PM, Steven Ross wrote:
> On Thu Jan 08 2015 at 1:12:34 PM Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
>> On 1/8/2015 6:34 AM, Steven Ross wrote:
>>> I would like to integrate the (recently accepted) Boost.Sort library into
>>> the main Boost build process, and provide Paul A. Bristow <
>>> pbristow_at_[hidden]> access to edit the documentation (it doesn't
>> have
>>> to be restricted to just the docs). Are there instructions on how to do
>>> this?
>>
>> Yes. Paul signs up to also be maintainer of the Boost.Sort library. This
>> is explained at https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ModAdmin.
>>
>> That's done and I've copied the library contents into
> github.com/boostorg/sort and updated the documentation. What else do I
> need to do to get this integrated into the next boost release?

Have you run tests on a wide variety of recent compilers ? Other than
possibly that I think you are basically done on your side. I would wait
for any pre-announcement for the next Boost release, and then post a
message in response to that saying that Boost.Sort is ready. Whatever
you may be asked further to do at that point, if anything, should be
trivial.

Hopefully some of the people usually involved at the superproject level
and/or preparing the next release will chime in on this thread if there
are other things still outstanding for you to do.