Subject: Re: [boost] How do I copy all source files?
From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-17 20:52:30

On 18. jan. 2015 02:12, Robert Dailey wrote:
> Thanks; I'm not 100% sure this will fix the copy issues. When I
> initially tried to copy over SFTP without running b2 headers, I
> literally only got like 5-6 directories. Not nearly enough.

Some of the directories are not symbolic links, so they are probably
copied just fine by FileZilla, those are:

detail/
exception/
graph/
numeric/
pending/
utility/

Their content are probably not copied completely though as there will be
links within them. That may be what you have mistaken for complete
directories. They would be there before you run regular "b2" command.

> Is b2
> headers really the problem here or might it be something else?

I don't know if I will say "b2 headers" is the problem. But as things
currently are set up you have to run that command if you copy the source
tree with tools that does not retain the header file links in
$BOOST_ROOT/boost.

> I can't
> imagine only 6 directories under `boost` are used during the build.

That sounds strange. Are you sure you had only those 6 directories after
the "b2" build. If that is the case I am not sure the build worked as
it should as you had not done "b2 headers" first, which is the
convention. But if something did not work you should have seen errors,
at least unless you have other boost headers in INCLUDE paths or something.

--
Bjørn