Subject: Re: [boost] Testing and toolsets
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-19 10:17:07

On Monday 19 January 2015 23:03:37 Ben Pope wrote:
> On Monday, January 19, 2015 10:47 PM, Andrey Semashev wrote:
> >
> > AFAIK, there is no formal property of a toolset that would differentiate
> > testers between C++ versions. You basically rely on toolset names.
> > Unfortunately, some testers reflect C++ version in the tester name rather
> > than the toolset, and I don't think there's a way to use the tester name
> > in the markup table. I would kindly ask those testers to change their
> > settings.
> >
> > If you just want to see the tester description you can read it through the
> > link which is the tester name in the matrix. Some testers provide more
> > detailed info there.
>
> Should there be a C++ version in the list of build features? Would that
> help?
>
> http://www.boost.org/build/doc/html/bbv2/overview/builtins/features.html
>
> I'm more than happy to change anything with my configuration, although I
> think enough details are there, if any more are needed, or the
> formatting can be improved, feel free to make suggestions.

Boost.Build feature for C++ version would be nice, but I don't think this
would help the markup. If you look at the markup file[1], you'll notice that
one can only identify toolsets by their names, not even by tester names. So
unless format of that file changes, it's preferable if the toolset name
reflects its configuration.

[1] https://github.com/boostorg/boost/blob/master/status/explicit-failures-markup.xml