Subject: Re: [boost] How to get tests running for new library
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-19 10:52:20

Beman Dawes wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 7:46 AM, Adam Wulkiewicz
> <adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > Steven Ross wrote:
> >>
> >> I've added the new Sort library:
> >> https://github.com/boostorg/sort
> >>
> >> How do I get automated tests running and generating results at:
> >> http://www.boost.org/development/tests/master/developer/math.html
> >> ?
> >

> > It must be added to the status/Jamfile.v2
> >
> > https://github.com/boostorg/boost/tree/master/status
> > https://github.com/boostorg/boost/tree/develop/status
>
> Please create a pull request do to that for develop, but not yet for
> master. A new library goes in develop first, but only gets added to master
> when the release managers have reviewed the library and give the OK.

As part of decentralization, should we not change status/Jamfile.v2 to
enumerate libs/*/test and libs/*/*/test by itself? There are a few special
cases; those can be left in as special cases or fixed.

Ideally, adding a library should not involve changes to any central
repositories of information. You put it in libs/mylib and everything should
just pick it up, as long as it follows the directory structure guidelines
and has the necessary metadata.