Subject: Re: [boost] Boost 1.58 schedule available?
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-21 18:23:10

Olaf van der Spek-3 wrote
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 6:25 PM, Barend Gehrels <

> barend@

> > wrote:
>> Is it so weird to ask for a schedule?
>
> Hi,
>
> No, it's not.
> And I've no idea why Boost is 'struggling' with the release schedule so
> often.

Hmmm - could be that it's a volunteer effort which and only be done when
some
volunteer has the time to invest?

Maybe it's time for some new ideas? Perhaps we can create a "Release
Sponsorship"
program whereby a company which really believes needs the updated
"integrated"
release can sponsor it with a cash contribution. The release would carry
naming
rights so a company with name like "survey monkey" could call it the
"monkey"
release with a link to it's website. Bidding would start at $1000 with 50%
going
into the Boost General fund and %50 going into the release manager's general
fund.

Certainly if having the newest integrated release isn't worth $1000 to any
company
on the whole planet, it's not worth a release manager's time to deal with
all the
hassle making and distributing a new release.

Just a thought.

Robert Ramey