Subject: Re: [boost] Best boost documentation
From: Rob Stewart (rob.stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-23 10:02:31

On January 23, 2015 5:05:55 AM EST, "Paul A. Bristow" <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> [...]

Those questions aren't address by a tutorial add I understand the idea. They are addressed by an Introduction or Motivation section.

A tutorial walks through how to use the library, step by step with discussion.

> Providing links to external documents, other Boost libraries and to
> internal details is important to the user.

"Internal details?" I'd want to know about the API, the exceptions emitted, etc., and I'd want to know about performance characteristics, for example, but not internal details.

> The best tool, again in my opinion, is the Quickbook, Doxygen and
> Autoindex toolchain.

Right, at least when the author doesn't have contrary ideas about structure and layout.

___
Rob