Subject: Re: [boost] Template Instantiation Profiler with Callgrind Output (KCacheGrind)
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-29 03:35:18

On 1/28/2015 1:40 PM, Mikael Persson wrote:
> Hi Edward,
>
>> What is to keep clang from changing the files which templight patches or
> the llvm/tools/clang/tools/CMakeLists.txt which I am instructed to manually
> change.
>
> For now, this hasn't been a problem. I haven't had to make any significant
> changes to the patch in at least 6 months. I am in the process of
> submitting that code (the patch) to clang such that this step will be
> removed in the future for templight, meaning that it will build against the
> unpatched clang sources, once that patch has gone through clang's review
> process. For the moment, if, some time in the future, you have any issues
> with applying the patch with a newer version, then just notify me and I'll
> make the necessary updates to it.

Thanks ! The ideal is to get Templight into clang directly so that
building clang just builds Templight also. It is great that the way
clang is designed it can provide advanced tools for programmers to use,
and I applaud that effort by clang developers such as yourself.

>> Is there a valid place to further discuss templight if I have problems ?
>
> You can discuss them on the github pages, just start an "issue" if you have
> anything to discuss.
>
> For templight itself:
> https://github.com/mikael-s-persson/templight
> <https://github.com/mikael-s-persson/templight-tools>
>
> For templight-tools:
> https://github.com/mikael-s-persson/templight-tools
>
> For the patch being submitted to clang:
> http://reviews.llvm.org/D5767
>
> Or else, you can just email me.

I will use the "issue" feature of Github if I run into anything I do not
understand when trying to use Templight.