Subject: Re: [boost] [type_traits] Rewrite and dependency free version
From: Stephen Kelly (hello_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-02-02 13:40:38

Robert Ramey wrote:

> I think that there's a lot more too it than "splitting serialization".

The starting point is establishing that there are circular dependencies and
they are a problem. If we agree to that, then we can talk about resolving
that.

You don't agree that there is a problem.

> The main problem is the concept of "dependency" as revealed in our charts
> is
> misleading. When we say one module is dependent upon another what to we
> mean?

Let's start with 'The headers include headers of another module.'

> I don't know how our dependency
> charting
> tool define dependency.

The headers include headers of another module.

You do know that. It has been explained before.

Do you know anything about C++17/clang modules? Have you heard of the
concept at least?

Thanks,

Steve.