Subject: Re: [boost] To split, or not to split, or something else? RE: type_traits rewrite, modularization, dependencies, etc.
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-02-03 15:09:48

Peter Dimov-2 wrote
> and see what tends to predominate - it's the same few libraries over and
> over. This is not a general problem.

I agree. That is I see it as mostly as problem specific to the
serialization
library as an optional component that other libraries provide access to.
Our dependency concept (and our headers) don't really capture the
"optional" aspect to this. In any case, I think a solution more or less
specific to the serialization library would suffice. Of course I don't want
something overly disruptive since I'm the one who has to deal with it.
Also I don't want something overly general that everyone has to deal
with even though the shouldn't have to.

Robert Ramey