Subject: Re: [boost] [type_traits] Rewrite and dependency free version
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-02-04 11:23:12

I've kept out of these not-too-measured discussions so far, but I am feeling the same way as Nevin.

The whole build and module system of C/C++ is now very outdated.

 Work on C++ modules is proceeding, if slowly.

The effect of C++Modules is likely to be very big (and the benefits big too).

All our work reducing dependency could be in vain, or even make things worse.

I am strongly opposed to making any more than trivial changes for some so-far illusory benefits.

Please - let's wait until C++ modules are looking a bit more promising before we do anything more.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse