Subject: [boost] [gsoc15] Proposal
From: Ganesh Prasad (sir.gnsp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-02-11 18:23:32

Now that we are rather well ahead with the phoenix library, I propose to
develop a compile-time Logic Programming library for boost. I understand
that a handful of months during GSoC15 are not enough for developing a
complete and usable library, but the foundations of the library can be laid
during this GSoC.

I have some experience with writing a small compile-time library for
functional programming with a LISP like syntax. That can be found at
https://github.com/GnsP/GNS--META_LISCPP . Currently I am trying to
identify the requirements for a decent compile-time logic library.

If it could be acceptable as a GSoC project (I don't know, the idea is
pretty big one for 3 months), I'll be back with an initial design of the
proposed library.

Best Wishes
Ganesh Prasad

PS I had been planning on this library since last year, I am positive that
this project is feasible (though Logic programming would require
non-determinism, it can be handled to some extent with template
metaprogramming, I'm still working on it).