Subject: Re: [boost] [mpl] multiset
From: Louis Dionne (ldionne.2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-02-25 10:11:02

Niall Douglas <s_sourceforge <at> nedprod.com> writes:

> On 24 Feb 2015 at 20:06, Bruno Dutra wrote:
>
> > Do you see anything so broken within MPL's design that justifies dropping
> > backwards compatibility and redesign a new library from scratch? Is it
> > really necessary, considering the existence of other modern options which
> > already focus on an strict C++14 approach, such as Hana?
>
> I'm curious: could Hana be wrapped with a MPL compatible shim API? As
> in, would that be a sane or insane idea?

I think it could, but some parts of it would be a bit hard to implement.
Specifically, the fact that Hana does not use the concept of an iterator
means that we would have to emulate iterators in some other way.
Also, the lambda expression part would have to be the same as in MPL.

That being said, I'm not sure what the gain would be, except perhaps
compile-time performance.

Louis