Subject: Re: [boost] New to the List?
From: Rob Stewart (rob.stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-04 07:30:17

On March 3, 2015 10:00:30 PM EST, Gavin Lambert <gavinl_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 3/03/2015 22:43, Rob Stewart wrote:
> >
> > [3] http://www.boost.org/community/policy.html#quoting
>
> Sadly Outlook-QuoteFix does not work on any recent version of Outlook.
>
> I've tried a few alternatives but thus far the most successful
> solution is to not use Outlook.

When I use Outlook for replies such as those needed for this list, I have it auto-prefix and quote the previous message. I then manually excise the unwanted headers and footer, etc. When it makes a mess of the quoting, I cut and paste the content into emacs, finish editing, then cut and paste back to Outlook. It's a ridiculous process to have to follow, but it does work.

I use K-9 mail on my phone normally for this list now. It works pretty well, but often munges the quoting, so I make done manual adjustments even without Outlook.

It shouldn't be this hard, but that's how it goes.

___
Rob