Subject: [boost] [boost.ublas] [gsoc'15]
From: Dhruv Kohli (codechiggum_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-10 05:33:11

Hello,

I am Dhruv, majoring in Mathematics & Computing from Indian Institute of
Technology, Guwahati. After doing a bit of research over the project ideas,
I found the idea of further developing boost.ublas library interesting and
have started writing the programming competency code. Here is the link to
the code I've written yet:
https://github.com/chiggum/boost.ublas/blob/master/gaussian_elimination.hpp.
Though the code is not yet complete, but a naive version of algorithm is
implemented and is integrated into ublas. To me, the code seems to be
running properly.

I need a little help for proceeding further.
1. Can someone please direct me to some code snippet that shows how the
error handling code is written in boost library. To be specific, the
gaussian elimination doesn't work on singular matrices. So, I would like to
set the errno and display appropriate message to the user whenever a
singular matrix is given as an input.

2. What sort of test code is required? Do we need to have a test case with
hard-coded output to be checked against the results obtained when the test
case is passed to the algo. Or there's some other predefined format for
testing codes in boost library. Sorry, I haven't yet gone through most of
the code in boost library.

Any further helpful links/resources are welcomed.

Thanks & Best regards,
Dhruv
https://github.com/chiggum

P.S. Sorry for reposting the mail. I am still waiting for a reply.