Subject: Re: [boost] Windows Develop Tests Failing
From: Daniela Engert (dani_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-14 01:52:28

Am 13.03.2015 um 22:29 schrieb Andrey Semashev:
> This may be caused by excessively long paths. I believe, recent changes to the
> build system added address-model-64\architecture-x86 which were not typically
> present before.

This *is* caused by long paths. I've hit that problem during my boost
regression testing when applying additional build options like the ones
above. A quick look into bjam didn't give me an idea about a viable
solution requiring small and low-risk changes only. AFAIK switching to
the long-path API on Windows doesn't work with relative paths and I'm
not shure if relative paths happen to exist within bjam's bowels.

My quick hack to overcome the build failures was a junction from
'...\libs\multiprecision' to '...\libs\mp' and running all tests from
the shortened path.