Subject: Re: [boost] Concurrent Unordered Map
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-16 12:46:29

On 16 Mar 2015 at 16:32, Petrisor Cosmin-ioan wrote:

> I am currently implementing the copy and move constructors. I managed to
> figure out how rehash is working and the copy constructor is almost
> done. On the other hand, is ok to use the copy constructor in the
> implementation of the move constructor? Something like:

Search the archives of this list for lots and lots more hints
regarding this test. Remember that correctness is more important than
efficiency, and *proof* of correctness via high quality unit testing
is the gold standard.

You cannot use the copy constructor in a move constructor as that
would violate noexcept on the move constructor. That would be a big
violation of correctness, and a hidden cause of fatal process exit.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/