Subject: Re: [boost] Boost on Android
From: Dmitry Moskalchuk (dm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-16 13:53:24

Forget to add something. See my comments below.

> My suggestion to the community is to try and target as a minimum 100%
> green for Android 5.0 only with the libc++ STL only.

Supporting Android 5.0 is not enough practically. See current percentage
of Android versions on the market:
https://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html.
Android 5.0 is just 3% of current Android devices and I don't think this
situation will be changed soon - just because Google don't control
Android versions of market devices as Apple do for iOS. From practical
point of view, it's absolutely needed to support at least Android 2.3,
all 4.x and 5.x (several days ago Google released 5.1). We support all
these versions in CrystaX NDK and provide backports of all fixes and
features we implement in libcrystax, so think twice what would be better
- use CrystaX NDK or dive into Google's NDK debugging worlds and spend
weeks and months debugging and trying to workaround all bugs of that
Android versions.

Please don't take it as aggressive style - I'm trying to avoid it but
English is not my native language so it could look so. I'm just trying
to explain why we started CrystaX NDK and why (IMHO) it's better choice
than Google's one for Boost-on-Android.

--
Dmitry Moskalchuk